In 2006, Sacred Heart Church completed a $1.2 million renovation of our parish hall, largely in part due to a capital campaign and the generosity of our parishioners and others.
Parish Hall Committee
- The Parish Hall Committee shall include the Parish Office Administrator, Finance Committee Chair, Pastor and /or approved designee.
- The Parish Office Administrator or approved designee shall be the contact person for booking, rental, fees, and contract signing.
- The Parish Hall Rental Policy may be amended at any time by a majority vote of the Parish Council present at any regular or called meeting.
Rental And Use Of The Parish Hall
- Sacred Heart Parish reserves the right to refuse to rent and/or usage of the Parish Hall to any Person(s), group (s), or organizations(s).
- Activities of the Parish will take priority reserving the use of the Parish Hall. There may be priorities such as weddings and major Parish activities that will require rescheduling of regularly scheduled meetings and activities of Parish organizations.
- Reservations for weddings and major Parish/Diocese activities should be confirmed at the earliest possible time to obtain a specific date. Availability will be determined by the calendar of events already scheduled. In the event of a scheduling conflict, the judgement of the Parish Hall Committee will prevail.
- Reservations must be made with the Parish Office Administrator or approved designee.
- Reservations made more than 60 days prior to the event are considered to be confirmed when one half of the total rental contract amount is paid and the rental agreement is signed.
- Reservations made less than 60 days prior to the event are considered to be confirmed when the total rental contract amount is paid and the rental agreement is signed.
- Each group using the facility will assume responsibility for the facility during their usage time in accordance with the requirements of this document and guidelines posted in the facility.
- Any parishioner using his or her name to rent the Parish Hall for an activity other than for themselves or immediate family, to avoid the Non-Parishioner rent amount or for a Third Party will forfeit all privileges for future use of the Parish Hall.
- The total charges for the appropriate category, Parishioner or Non-Parishioner and the room or rooms in the Parish Hall must be paid as outlined in the paragraphs above in order to confirm the reservation. The damage deposit amount will be returned to the rented after the Parish Hall has been inspected to determine that the facility was not damaged. The Renter will receive a copy of this contract with the date and time of the activity completed to confirm the reservation. Cancellation made less than 14 days prior to the activity will receive only the damage deposit and cleaning fee paid. Per day charges for use of the Parish Hall are as follows:
|Room Charge||$125 hour||$150 hour|
|Damage Deposit (without alcohol, refundable)||$300||$300|
|Damage Deposit (with alcohol, refundable) Note: security guard required||$500||$500|
|Kitchen Services Charge (full)||$100||$125|
|Kitchen Services Charge (half)||$50||$75|
|Cleaning Fee (non-refundable)||$150||$150|
|Must secure an insurance policy with Catholic Mutual through the diocese||Yes||Yes|
- 11:00 pm cutoff on all events
- The parishioners of Sacred Heart Parish made many sacrifices in order to make this parish hall a reality. Please help us take care of this facility so that it may be enjoyed for many years to come.
- In order to ensure the facility is properly cared for, a “walk through” with the Parish office Administrator id mandatory both before setup for your event and after the event. This “walk through” is also to help acquaint you with what facilities are available in the Parish Hall as well as to help you determine what you might need to bring with you for your event.
- The building will not be rented to outside individuals or organizations for commercial or profit-making enterprises. The Parish Hall Committee will define this.
- Any breakage, damage, or loss of property must be paid for by the person or persons who signed the rental agreement within 5 days following the event.
- Decorations must not be suspended from the ceiling or attached to the walls of the Parish Hall. No glitter or sequins may be used. No fog machine allowed in the hall. The time allotted to decorate and clean up must be arranged in advance with the Parish Office Administrator or approved designee.
- Conditions for the use of alcohol are set forth in the attached supplement “Additional Rules for the Use of Alcoholic Beverages”. The Renter must sign the “Alcoholic Beverage Service Contract” if alcoholic beverages will be served at the activity. The serving of alcoholic beverages must terminate one hour prior to termination of the activity as ser forth in the “alcoholic Beverage Service Contract”.
- Smoking is not permitted in any portion of the Parish Hall. Sacred Heart Parish Hall is a “Smoke – Free building.
- Activities at the Parish Hall will terminate at 11:00 pm and the facilities will be closed upon completion of cleanup. The Pastor is the only person who can make an exception to this rule.
- When music is provided for the Parish Hall rental, the noise level MUST BE KEPT MODERATE in consideration of our neighbors.
- The contract signer will be responsible for the supervision of the activity and responsible for all Parish property being put back in its storage area.
- Any teenage activity must be properly supervised and chaperoned. NO ALCOHLIC BEVERAGES WILL BE ALLOWED! The “closed door policy” will be enforced. Anyone leaving the building during a teenage activity will not be permitted to re-enter.
- If any members of a group are under age 18, they must be under the supervision of a teacher, coach, scout leader, or other responsible adult 21 years of age or older.
- An adult must always supervise children . All children must always be inside the building unless accompanied by an adult. Any children outside and unsupervised are the responsibility of the person signing the contract, and that person will be held liable.
Pets Only service animals will be allowed in the Hall. No other pets will be allowed.
A. Profane or abusive language, drunkenness, brawls, excessive noise, or conduct not
acceptable at public gatherings, will not be tolerated at any time.
A. Vandalism and malicious mischief or willful breakage of any part of the Parish Hall or
content, will be investigated and, if justified, reported to the proper authorities for
B. The guilty person and/or persons will be held liable for repair or replacement costs
and possible prosecution. If the guilty person and/or persons cannot be found
identified, the person signing this contract is responsible and will be held liable for
repair or replacement cost and possible prosecution.
A. Anyone using the Parish Hall and failing to comply with the Parish Hall policies, rules,
and regulations, will forfeit any deposits and lose legibility for future use of the
B. The Parish Hall Committee reserves the right to terminate any activity that is in
violation of the Parish Hall policies, rules, and regulations or grant any exceptions
to these rules. No exceptions shall be granted without the final approval of the Pastor.